Growing up the son of a paper mill union president, Tanner has a passion for defending workers and their rights. While many areas of the law are complex, employment law claims can be particularly complicated and often include special requirements and short time limits.
Also, most employment law cases are filed, managed, and ultimately tried in federal court rather than state court. As a former federal law clerk, Tanner understands the complexities of the federal court system and the differences of trying cases in federal court.
Tanner has handled employment law matters in federal and state courts and the EEOC related to:
- Age Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Violations of the Equal Pay Act (wage discrimination)
- Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Violations of the Family Medical Leave Act
- Retaliation for Reporting an On-the-Job Injury
- Various Retaliation Claims
- Whistleblower Claims
- Breaches of Employment Contracts
- Other Wrongful Termination Claims